Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Extra Sounds

While I was editing my film, I found that just having dialogue sounds would not be the best in terms of adding a scare factor. I could add some music filled with tension just before the monster attacks. However, I feel that it would be even scarier to instead just have the sounds of the forest and some extra sound effects. I feel this decision goes best with the theme of the movie. I, as a director, am trying to emphasize the feeling of fear in an abandoned forest and in this case, when the whole forest is silent except for the sound of some rattling of bushes, I feel like that would frighten people more than if I were to add music.
While in the forest, I decided to record some of these sounds such as some bushes rattling and some footsteps on the forest floor. These sounds make the film much more authentic. I would use these sounds as the main characters move around the forest.
I also found a website that provide me with all the sounds I would need to make the film and I have even found some sounds that I am already thinking about using. The first sound I found is titled "Godzilla Roar". I'm thinking of adding this to the shot of where the creature attacks in the forest. The next sound is titled "slowed breathing". I would add this sound in the shot of the creature observing the victims in the forest. Lastly, the next sounds are titled "Rainforest Ambience" and "Nightime". These sounds are perfect to have as background noise while they are in the forest and would make the scene while they are in the forest much more real. 
P.S. Don't worry. All these sounds are copyright free. 


"About soundbible.com." SoundBible.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Apr. 
2016. <http://soundbible.com/about.php>.

No comments:

Post a Comment