Sunday, April 3, 2016

Passion

So I was getting ready to film, preparing the most minute of details of my film, and I began to think: how did Spielberg manage to create the fear specifically through out his film. Since Jaws has been my model through out my endeavor, I wanted to know what was his line of thinking in the year 1975 when Spielberg created his first major hit. So I began researching some interviews with Spielberg to see if he could spill some of his secrets. I managed to find one interview, not necessarily about how he created the film, but about all the struggles he went through in the making. He mentions how filming on a boat was especially difficult and how he almost lost his camera at sea. He also mentions the challenge of making an adaptation of a book.
Then he mentioned what drived him through out all this; his passion. Spielberg said that before making a film, he dives in so deep into the topic that it becomes his passion. "I have to be willing to dedicate the next two years of my life into a topic". In my mind, this undoubtedly helps a young film maker, like myself and like Spielberg was at the time. When you're passionate about something, you're willing to do anything for it to come out perfect. You're willing to put in countless hours of your life into a project because you care so deeply about it. I realized that for me to create the best film I possibly I can I have to have a "Spielberg mentality" if you will. Dedication cannot lack, not even in the slightest through my journey or the film will be nowhere near as good.



"Steven Spielberg Talks 'Jaws' In 1975 Interview." youtube.com
N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Apr. 2016. 
     <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRfTuNOV678>. 

No comments:

Post a Comment